Wednesday, October 28, 2009

30 Day Giving Challenge


While we ought to be giving all year long, this is the time of year where opportunities arise on a regular basis. If you are looking for something to get you in the mind set, I have just the thing for you.

Kingdom First Mom has presented this challenge (via her pastor):

Spend 30 days with a journal in your hand. Try it for the next 30 days and see if I’m not lying. Take a journal and just jot down everything you give. Every time you find yourself being generous, write it down. Every time you feel prompted by God to give something you never would, or why would I buy THAT many cookies… from the Girl Scouts. I don’t know why, God just gave you the prompting to do something special for somebody! Write it down. And then write down on the other side every time something comes back to you. Every time the cycle gets completed. Do it for 30 days, and you’ll never be the same again. You’ll never look at giving the same way again. Jesus invites you in on the “Kingdom Dynamic”. You don’t have to be afraid to give in the Kingdom! I would imagine the anxiety about money- trying to keep it- is a real anxiety. You’ll start to be just utterly amazed at the freedom that comes to you from money… when you start being generous.

So keep in mind -

A: This is a challenge. That means it might be difficult at times and that's ok!!!
B: This is a time to grow and practice doing things that Jesus has called us to do.

I will attempt to give updates on how I have faired in this challenge. These things will include ways that I can reach out to my neighborhood, give to those I work with, and find ways to show my husband he is appreciated. However, it's not limited to just these things! I will attempt to continue to look out for ways I can give big or small.

Will you try this too?? I want to hear about it! You are welcome to comment or send me an email about how God works through you during this month.

No comments:

 

Hit Counter
10% off watches